CCS Driver Education Information
- To take Driver Ed, students must be 15 years old or older the day of the first class.
- Students are not required to have their permit to do their drives with the instructor during the training phase.
- A learner permit may be obtained at 15 1/2 years of age.
- In order to take the driving test, students must have a certificate of completion, and have had their permit for 6 months. The test can be taken at CCS. Mr. Seymour can and does test his students.
- Driving Test can be taken at CCS after school or on Saturday.
- It is recommended that students take Driver Ed. at 15 years 1 month – 15 years 3 months. Find a month in that period that works with your schedule.
- A class is offered once every month and will allow up to 10 students.
At CCS, students will take two sessions of in-class instruction. (6 hours Sat. and 4 hours Mon. or Tue. evening and Summer 5hrs/5hrs.)
Then, three sessions of in-car instruction based on the student’s schedule. Each in-car session will be 2 hours in length.
Mr. Seymour has over 20 years of Driver Education experience - several years in Kansas and now here in Oklahoma. He has been a trained Examiner for the last 5 years. His teaching degree in education is from Kansas State University, with a minor in Safety – Driver Education. He also has a CDL and drives many of the school bus trips.
Winter and Spring CCS Driver Ed. Classes:
Call or text Mr. Seymour to reserve your seat in these classes. 405-227-7257
The class fee for 10 hours in class, 6 hours in car is $370.00. Plus, the Prep drive for the Drive Test is free!